Skip to main content

All blogged down with all these great blogs!

I have spent the majority of my day discovering blogs.  It's like a never-ending process because I find a blog I love and then notice all the blogs they love, so I go to those and see all the blogs that THEY love.  Whew!  I think I had about 50 tabs open in one session.  

Anyway,
 in the midst of my discovering, I came across Simply Handmade by Paige.  I dig this girl's style!  Also, she is having a GIVEAWAY for a gift certificate towards a bag made by Aubrey Plays.  The bags are simply adorable!  If you have a minute or two - check them out!  Even if I don't win this giveaway, I'm pretty sure I will be toting one of these bags pretty soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The smile I didn't want, but needed

While Nev and I were out and about today, I decided to make a quick stop to Walmart on the way home.  I decided to wear her throughout the store since she just can't quite sit up in the cart yet.  A few people complimented her or my wrap as we walked through the store.  One woman stopped me to ask me how I made something to wrap her like that.  I explained that I bought the wrap, but gave a quick one-liner about baby wearing.  English was not her first language, and I don't understand thick accents very well, so it was taking all of my concentration to have a conversation with her.  She asked me several questions about wrapping.  About a minute in, though, she abruptly changed the subject to why she *really* stopped to talk to me. A church group in which she is involved has started a Bible study and she was out to recruit members.  She asked where I go to church and I told her.  I was in a part of town very far from my house and much farthe...

Cakin' - Bejeweled Blitz style

My best friend, Rachel, recently turned 25 and we went to dinner tonight to celebrate her birthday.  I wanted to make a fun cake for her and finally decided on Bejeweled Blitz - a facebook game that we both play!  Since lots of people ask me just HOW I make my cakes, I thought I would show the process! First, I almost always use a cake mix.  People always tell me how amazingly delicious my cakes are, so why bother making them from scratch?  Also, I don't have to wonder how they will turn out because everything is so consistent.  My favorite brand is Betty Crocker and I love the French and Golden Vanilla the best.  Yummm You might not be able to tell in this picture, but I always line the bottom of the pan with wax paper.  If you don't do this, DO IT!  I made cakes for a year or two before I realized how wonderful this step is!  Now I never have a cake stuck in the pan! Also contributing to my non-stick success is THIS stuff.  I spr...

No Big Deal, but I'm a Hippie

Yes, you read that right.  I am not-so-slowly becoming a hippie.  The more common word these days is "crunchy" but without the political and some of the social aspects, it's the same thing. In my previous life, I would have silently judged someone for saying that they got most of their care from a chiropractor.  I would have rolled my eyes if someone wouldn't pop a pill for a headache.  I had sarcastic comments on the ready for people who wanted to eat all organic food. Well, I have gone to the dark side. Although I was judgmental about crunchy ways most of my life, it was always with the exception of my beliefs and perception of pregnancy/labor/childbirth.  I have always been one to want to let nature do its thing in that regard, but now that I am looking forward to having a family, growing kids right here in my body, and raising them to be healthy (physically, mentally, spiritually), I have decided that maybe doing things naturally can extend to more are...